As part of our recruitment process we will need to collect and use your personal information such as CV, Application Form, References, records of qualifications, skills and training and some form of photographic I.D such as passport or driving licence for a number of purposes. These include:
- To assess your suitability to work for Clarkes of Walsham;
- To perform requisition and applicant management activities;
- To perform precision matching to job vacancies;
- To conduct screening, assessments and interviews;
- To maintain a library of correspondence;
- To make offers and provide contracts of employment;
- To conduct pre-employment checks.
LGV/HGV/CAT2 Delivery Driver
Clarkes of Walsham Ltd, The Street, Walsham-le-Willows, IP31 3BA
Monday – Friday (no weekends)
Weekly Hours: 45 - Increased hours available when necessary
Clarkes of Walsham is one of the largest independently owned Timber, Builders Merchants and Country Store in East Anglia. We have been established as a family business since 1908, serving the trade and public for over 115 years.
We are actively looking for a skilled Delivery Driver with LGV/HGV/CAT2 experience to become a valuable member of our expanding team. The offered remuneration is £13.85 per hour, totalling £32,409 annually based on a 45-hour work week. As part of this role, you will be responsible for operating an 18-tonne flatbed HGV equipped with a crane, facilitating multi-drop deliveries across the East Anglia region.
- Full time / Permanent
- Multi-drop deliveries throughout East Anglia.
- Responsible for complying with Road Traffic and Transport Legislation and Working Time Regulations.
- Engage with customers.
You’ll be carrying out multi-drop deliveries of building materials to our local customers in a safe and professional manner. Loading/unloading the vehicle in the yard using the HIAB and by hand, it’ll be your responsibility to ensure the vehicle is properly loaded, safe, and in-line with road and transport legislation.
At Clarkes, we like to provide the customer with the best experience possible, going above and beyond to assist them with their delivery requirements. You will engage in conversation with customers to ensure they are provided with a friendly and reliable service.
There is no overnight work or weekend work, but overtime is available when necessary. Flexibility is essential.
Skills and Experience
- Digital card essential
- CPC qualified
- Current Valid CAT C (class 2) license
- Hiab Crane certificate - preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
- Strong customer service skills
- Recent driving experience
We’ll pay for your CPC renewal when due, medicals, and any additional licences required, ensuring you remain qualified to drive. You will also receive a yearly pay review, recognising and rewarding committed colleagues.
Benefits & Extras
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional holiday leave for length of service
- Staff account with company-wide discounts
- Full company-branded uniform
- Company pension scheme
- Death in service - Life assurance scheme
- Medicash Cash Plan - Supporting your health and your wallet, this benefit reimburses you the cost of everyday health care from prescriptions to dental work.
- Cycle to work scheme - Get a new bike, equipment, or both at a discounted price.
- Salary-sacrifice electric car scheme
For further information please contact Nicola Parkington on 01359 259 259 or email [email protected]